Restaurant for nice Sunday dinner in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 16 July 2009 4.13pm
Dear SE1-ers,

Where would you go for a celebration dinner on a Sunday in SE1?

Preferably somewhere with views/some atmosphere. Preferably in a rough triangle between Festival Hall, Shad Thames, and E&C.

I can think of lots of places that are open for lunch, but nowhere particularly nice that's open for dinner.

Thanks

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 16 July 2009 4.18pm
Chop House at Butlers Wharf gets plenty of custom from Exigo Towers. Some excellent deals and their staff are second to none (although they could do with one or two more).

Right next to Tower Bridge.

No connection etc.
Thursday 16 July 2009 4.21pm
They weren't open Sunday eve, the last time I tried to go (despite the website saying that they were).

Have you been there on a Sunday eve? Perhaps I need to try again. (I agree that it's a good place, and love the 10 bar meal deal)

Thursday 16 July 2009 4.39pm
I thought they were open, but my Sunday roast is legendary so I'm never let out in the evening.

And no, we don't take reservations!
Thursday 16 July 2009 6.17pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
They weren't open Sunday eve, the last time I tried to go (despite the website saying that they were).
Have you been there on a Sunday eve? Perhaps I need to try again. (I agree that it's a good place, and love the 10 bar meal deal)

We were there last Sunday and it was definitely open! Mmm, 3 courses for 12, can't go wrong
Thursday 16 July 2009 6.56pm
MAdgelen on Tooley Street. Not sure if they are open on Sunday evenings but they are very good!
Thursday 16 July 2009 6.57pm
Magdalen sorry and yes they are open, just checked. http://www.magdalenrestaurant.co.uk/main.html
Thursday 16 July 2009 7.18pm
Last time we went to Magdalen the portions had shrunk dramatically. Which is a shame, as the food tastes great.
Friday 17 July 2009 8.15am
Good suggestions, thanks. Any other suggestions welcomed.

Friday 17 July 2009 11.54am
waterloo bar and kitchen on waterloo road just round corner from old vic. excellent food AND service.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: