Theft in Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 20 July 2009 10.03pm
Last Saturday, around 2pm. We went to Borough Market to get some fish and meat. No problem. The guys at the entrance didn't have have any Taleggio so we ventured into the the other side of the market. ( towards the Cathedral). As we got close to the French cheese stall my better half said, " my purse has gone". It had. We live close enough to go home, phone every card company and switch them off. Amex, ( not my favourite,) were brilliant, " I have all the numbers here, which would you like ?"

Monday the security guys at Blackrock aka merrils/warburgs, ring my wife to say they have her purse found by a cleaner outside an emergency exit. Only cash gone.

Blackrock security says this happens about 3/4 times a week.

So, if in the market. take care. Blackrock, thank you. No, I don't work for them , and never have.
Tuesday 21 July 2009 5.17pm
In fairness to the management of Borough Market, there are frequent tannoy warnings broadcast alerting people to the possible presence of pickpockets, who will always target crowded places - particulary those where people are constantly reaching for their purses and wallets, and who are are also 'off guard'. Some BM traders have also been hit by opportunist thieves - a few losing their days takings to them, or a few items of stock - on a regular basis! It's a horrible experience, but it's the responsibility of the individual or business to be aware and safeguard their belongings in such surroundings.
Wednesday 22 July 2009 8.07am
My friend two weeks ago had her purse unzipped and her two bank cards removed whilst still in her big bag! One of her cards allowed someone to make two 200 withdrawals on the same day by going in the bank and copying her scrawl of a signature. Thank heavens for CCTV.

and that was at Canary Wharf! I keep my cards and notes inside my jacket...

They buggers are getting more skilled by the day...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: