Garden Museum Seeks Vegetable Growers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 July 2009 12.12pm
The Garden Museum's forthcoming exhibition, The Good Life (October 2009 to March 2010), explores 100 years of ‘growing your own', through the good times and more difficult times such as the World Wars and the 1970s Oil Crisis. It will look at today's enthusiasm for growing vegetables and raise the question ‘is this just a passing fad, or is it something that is embedded deep in the psyche of people in Britain?'

As part of an outreach initiative to complement the exhibition we are looking for members of the local community to tell their own stories about growing now. These stories, and pictures, will be turned into a 'trail' that visitors to the exhibition may then follow around the neighbourhood.

We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have vegetables, fruit or herbs growing in a space visible to the passing public. If you would like to be considered for inclusion in the trail please send an email to Sophie Shillito ( explaining your growing efforts. Do also supply pictures (as jpegs) if you would like.
Thursday 23 July 2009 2.12pm
Dear Sophie

I have just seen your ad and would very much like to be included on the trail.

Would you be able to send me some more details about the exhibition as a whole (press release for example) as I have some questions i'd like to ask about the program? my email address is

If you could email me then I would be grateful.

Kind regards

Thursday 23 July 2009 2.14pm
Silly me,

Just disregard that... I didn't see your email address at the bottom of the email.

Kind regards

Friday 24 July 2009 10.16am
Dear Pascal,

Many thanks indeed for your interest in the Garden Museum and our grow your own project. I look forward very much to receiving your details.

If you know of anyone else who might be interested in our project I would be very grateful if you were to put them in touch.

With kind regards,

Monday 27 July 2009 11.17am
SE1 Vegetable Growers!

We have received a couple of responses (really interesting projects - thank you) as a result of our first posting but are still seeking more!

Please do contact me should you wish to become involved.

Is anyone, for example, involved in the Food Up Front (veg in front gardens) initiative?

With kind regards,

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: