SE1 on TV

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 24 July 2009 5.39pm
just noticed The Bill have been filming interior shots (for about ten episodes i think) at my local cafe - the Queens Head in Black Prince rd (near Lambeth Bridge)

expected to air in sept

its an unusual place

theres a regular bar counter but right behind it is a big open plan kitchen so its a proper cafe with a full fry up menu and its mostly tables and chairs - but its still a pub so theres also a giant flat screen and a couple of sofas - and its all in one room

- oh and for beer fans theres a pub with 50 different German beers a few doors down
Sunday 26 July 2009 3.12pm
and the sainsburys ad is filmed in southwark park band stand we think...
Monday 27 July 2009 12.35pm
filming in the beehive,colin farrell,ray winston since last boulevard or something its called.
Monday 27 July 2009 2.24pm
MrsR - RTW wrote:
and the sainsburys ad is filmed in southwark park band stand we think...

The recent M&S one (in which Twiggy featured) was filmed in part of Borough Market dressed up (or was it down) to represent Leeds Kirkgate Market in 1884, where the founders of M&S started their business. However the market guy who shouts 'you all right, Twigs?' sounds more like a native of Bermondsey than Yorkshire.
Tuesday 28 July 2009 4.03pm
and Spooks filmed a scene in its final episode on Alma Grove last week. They 'blew up' one of the houses.
Tuesday 28 July 2009 8.22pm
Where is the Beehive, Jan?
Wednesday 29 July 2009 12.39am
The Beehive is on Bartholomew St (sorry, I know I'm not Jan) As a sixth former at St Saviour's and St Olave's in the 70s, I used to spend lunch hours in here, nursing half a lager.

A couple of years ago there was filming outside our flat using very powerful lights and there was lots of shouting from the director at the poor crew. My flatmate looked out of his bedroom window, down at a camera man below and called down asking him what they were filming. the man called back up "It's a show about vampires. It's sh*t." Turns out they were filming Demons, the ITV show.
He was not wrong.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: