Southwark Bridge Road Surface

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 26 July 2009 1.35pm
If I remember correctly, its not been long(8-12 months) since Southwark Bridge Road was resurfaced with new tarmac & what a lovely job they did too.

Recently, its been dug up for new pipes to be laid by Thames Water, and left in no better condition then it was before the initial resurfacing.

I don't know which company completes the resurfacing on behalf of Thames Water, but I am quite sure they have cowboy hats! its just so uneven & bumpy, not long before the tarmac starts to chip away.

Its such a shame & waste of public money, surely there is a better way of working, lay pipes & then resurface!

I hope Great Dover Street remains a smooth drive!
Monday 27 July 2009 4.40pm
hmeah, you're totally right. iirc they did dig it up within the last 12 months. i think this time around it was electrics (EDF), whereas last time was (i think) water. at least they didn't work on the weekends, tho. it was very noisy - every morning as i lay in bed listening to the Today programme, as the pips for the 8am news started, the drills started. i swear they were listening to the radio too.

Great Dover St is lovely now. for the time being.

The prize for most pointless resurfacing i think goes to one a few years ago when i was living down off GT Dover Street. they resurfaced (no pipes laid or anything, just resurfacing) the corner of Trinity St and Falmouth Road, up to the barrier by Gt Dover Street. given that road traffic on that point was about half a dozen cyclists an hour, it seemed pretty wasteful.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: