Car Damaged on Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 26 July 2009 7.30pm
Hello all,

Don't know why I am posting really...but just thought I would post that last night someone took it upon themselves to jump all over the roof of our car... We were parked on Tyers Gate.

I just don't get why anyone would do something like that.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

To whoever did it what goes and around comes around and you'll get yours and I hope it hurts.

F.
Sunday 26 July 2009 8.35pm
sorry to hear that, i know what you mean, my previous 2 cars were damaged outside my house, parked in the bys. someone with a key just went all over the bonnet and sides.... its wasn't an expensive car... this was about 4-5 years ago.

I now have a garage for a convertible, which i have to pay over 12 per week, I don't mind, but its the hassle of parking & getting the car each & every time i want to drive, i sometimes end up leaving it outside now.

I guess its just bored kids who would do something like that, then again it could be some drunk kids as so many young people/kids drink nowadays...

You should report it, as some insurance companies cover you for vandalism without your no claims being effected.

The worst thing that happened to me once in the west end was, coming back to my parked car & someone has picked up the cement sacks & chucked them over the roof & bonnet of all the cars parked on this side street... over 5 cars, good thing it never rained...
Sunday 26 July 2009 11.14pm
there was an almighty display of drunken loutish behaviour from people comming out of Bermondsey Village Hall at the end of Tyers gate,around midnight Saturday..Truely disgraceful,when I came back through ten minutes later there were 6-8 police dispersing them..Possibly not connected but I wouldn't discount it.That event will be logged by the Police.
Monday 27 July 2009 10.01am
Thanks for the info Nigel - I've mentioned that to the police... can't see anything coming of it but still worth reporting anyway I guess.
Monday 27 July 2009 10.08am
Take photos of the damage. Dont forget. Bad luck, what a rotten thing to do. UGH.
Monday 27 July 2009 2.17pm
I've not had this happen, but about 6 months ago someone stole the wing mirrors off our car whilst it was parked outside the house(Gainsford Street). They took care to disconnect them, so must have been stolen to order rather than pure vandalism. Very annoying and was one recent we decided to move to somewhere with secure parking.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: