Gloria Burgos' murder

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 27 July 2009 6.03pm
Absolutely disgusted that this maniac got manslaughter. I wasn't in court but how on earth is this possible?
Let's hope the sentencing for this murder is appropriate. Life for life!!
God help her family. My thoughts are with you at this extremely difficult time.
Tuesday 28 July 2009 7.04am
I often wonder in these cases Becki who makes the initial decision for the charge to be either manslaughter or murder. In my book anyone who assaults with 40 seperate injuries including stamping on som eones head is trying to kill them.

I hope the family of poor Gloria appeals, I dont know if it is possible?

Their sentence is going to be forever, his can be counted in years.
Wednesday 29 July 2009 10.18am
I'm pretty sure he was charged with murder too (i may be wrong). But the jury cleared him of that. Certainly an interesting decision by them, given the state of poor Ms Burgos' injuries. None of us (i assume) were in court to hear the evidence of course - but the difference between murder and manslaughter is one of the state of mind of the killer. if the killer intended to kill or cause grievous bodily harm, then it's murder. The injuries sound like they were sustained over quite a period (40 injuries!), which does point towards that. But then as i say we haven't heard everything. and there may have been some sort of diminished responsibility argument or something - i don't know.
Thursday 30 July 2009 10.56am
Just heard, from a neighbour, this morning that he got 7 years. 7 YEARS!!!! He'll be out in 4 to do it all again. Absolutely disgusting.
Thursday 30 July 2009 12.34pm
If true, that is an absolute scandal. A tragic epilogue for such a terrible occurrence.

RIP Gloria. You were a fabulous soul who will be fondly remembered.
Jac
Saturday 1 August 2009 6.04pm
Becki wrote:
Just heard, from a neighbour, this morning that he got 7 years. 7 YEARS!!!! He'll be out in 4 to do it all again. Absolutely disgusting.

Are you sure? It says in the local paper he will be sentenced in September.
Saturday 1 August 2009 6.31pm
Actually, a quick look says sentencing will be on August 14th: se1 news link
Monday 3 August 2009 2.03pm
I was told by Ian from the garage but I also read that sentencing will be on August 14th. Not sure who's right.
Sorry just passing on news. If I'm wrong apologies to all concerned. Hope I am wrong though and the scum gets longer.
Friday 11 September 2009 12.33pm
Five years ? 44 injuries? the law is an ass..that poor girl...:-(
Friday 11 September 2009 1.32pm
According to reports in BBC News and The London Paper yesterday, he has been jailed 'for public protection' for an indeterminate length of time, of which he will have to serve a minimum term of five years.

Apparently, the judge said: "Zakrzewski's long-term amphetamine abuse and lack of insight into his actions made him a danger to the public." Maybe that's how the charge got reduced.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: