London Dungeon Vs London Bridge Experience

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 4 August 2009 4.32pm
I'm looking to go to one of these in the next few days with my girlfriend, can anyone that has been to both please tell me which you prefer?

Related news & features

Tuesday 4 August 2009 5.11pm
London Dungeon is better IMHO, but the queues can be miserable. I don't think either is worth the money, really, but then again they're not my thing - I went with younger relatives who were more into that kind of scene! They seemed to prefer the Dungeon.
Tuesday 4 August 2009 9.02pm
The dungeon pay for my services regularly so I know it very well. If you go, you'll wait for your tour to start in 'Medieval'. If it looks like you're going to be in a group of screaming teens wait behind. Another 5-10 mins is nothing after you've waited outside for ages. Honestly, they can spoil it for you. Some of the performances can be really quite good and you want to be able to hear them!
Tuesday 4 August 2009 9.06pm
I've only been to the London Dungeon because I won some tickets but had a fun time. There was actually more there than I was expecting. Not worth full admission price (visitor attractions rarely are) but with one of the many discounts and offers around it's worth a shot - for example on lastminute.com it's only 10 after 5pm for which I think it's well worth it.
Tuesday 4 August 2009 9.20pm
Are you serious Hutch?

I thought youre taste was much more highbrow.

I havent been to either (tried to resist saying would rather put pins in my eyes than go to the dungeon but failed sorry) but have to say I'm always delighted & amused when some bloodied-scarred-corsetted-wenchfromthedungeon is in the queue in front of me buying her lunch sandwich in Marks&SpencerSimplyFood at MoreLondon
Wednesday 5 August 2009 8.06am
London Dungeon is the only one worth considering in my opinion. If you stand outside London Bridge station on Tooley street you will quickly get a feel for what each attraction is offering. One is a well known and popular tourist attraction, the other is like a terrible performing arts school project.

This recent story says it all really:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4028
Wednesday 5 August 2009 9.19am
To be honnest do either bring much to the neighbourhood?
Wednesday 5 August 2009 6.56pm
Julien wrote:
To be honnest do either bring much to the neighbourhood?

well, sure: GordonOKR's beloved bloodied-scarred-corsetted-wench[es]fromthedungeon to spice up the queue at M&S SimplyFood! Otherwise life would be just too dreadfully boring here in SE1...

(I'm with you on the pins, tho, GordonOKR.)
Thursday 6 August 2009 2.21pm
I think the difference is that one is a nuisance that blocks the tube entrance, especially bad for the elderly and disabled, and the new one over the road is just an embarrassment. This kind of tenth rate tat belongs on the prom at Blackpool.
Thursday 6 August 2009 3.24pm
spacemaker wrote:
I think the difference is that one is a nuisance that blocks the tube entrance, especially bad for the elderly and disabled, and the new one over the road is just an embarrassment. This kind of tenth rate tat belongs on the prom at Blackpool.

spacemaker, you and i are of one mind.

that said, i guess you've got to grudgingly respect the proprietors of both. they've identified a large and apparently credit-crunch-proof market of undiscerning halfwits who will not only be prepared to pay for such "entertainment" but queue outside it for probably hours. as a social experiment at least it's remarkable.

disclaimer: i've never been to either. they may be brilliant and what i've written may be completely unfounded. if so, i plead the Boris defence (i regret any offence caused by what i've said, but i don't regret saying it). i do find them vaguely offensive tho.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: