Good bars in SE1 open later than midnight

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 August 2009 5.57pm
Does someone know of good bars for people 30+ where one can have a drink, talk with friends without having to shout at each other as the music would be too loud and the place should be open a bit longer then midnight.
Tuesday 4 August 2009 6.10pm
whilst not exactly swish you may like the Dover Castle in Great Dover St, round the corner from Borough tube

comfy sofas, not over loud music, reasonable prices, no attitudes and last time I was there (a year ago...) they had a deal with the local pizza takeout where it got brought to your table.

it's below a hostel of the same name but doesn't seem to get rowdy on the few occasions I've been.

no connection... used to be my local!
Tuesday 4 August 2009 6.11pm
The Rose on Snowsfields gets my vote for a late night drink.
Tuesday 4 August 2009 8.10pm
The Rose used to be an excellent location for a late night drink, however I feel it's suffered a little in the last few years. Still a great jukebox, but it feels more like a student union dive these days with busted sofas to match; plus I'm all for dimly lit pubs but jezz, put a couple of bulbs where the pool table used to be!
Wednesday 5 August 2009 9.47am
The Hide on Bermondsey street is open late if you're looking for something a bit more fancy. Usually quieter after the after work crowd have moved on.
Wednesday 5 August 2009 5.47pm
The Hide is usually good until 2:00am and has really nice seating at the back which is a bit quieter
Wednesday 5 August 2009 10.14pm
What about hotel bars? Any good experiences to share - how long is the bar in Bermondsey Square hotel open? How is the bar in the Hilton at More London? or any other hotel in the area?
Thursday 6 August 2009 11.27am
Imbibe on Blackfriars Road is pretty nice. Open til about 1 I think. We've hired it a couple of times at work and I dont recall it being expensive.

Staff can be variable.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: