Goode Foods on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 August 2009 2.40pm
I noticed that the shutter covering the door has been up on Goode Foods this week - does anyone know of any plans?
Wednesday 5 August 2009 2.51pm

A couple of council bods went in on Monday. The shutter jammed when they opened it.
Tuesday 18 August 2009 1.42pm
Someone has written "Murdering scum got 7 years, will be out in 2 - pisstake" on the shutters.

Seeing as it was a manslaughter charge, no 7 year sentence would be reduced to 2 years, and that the guy won't even be sentenced until next month, this seems a little idiotic.
Sunday 23 August 2009 10.29pm
Hi Armpit Vale

I spoke to local bobby and this guy has been sentenced to 7 years apparently.

I might just add that the scum who did this came over to this country and got a council flat with his wife and 2 kids. Wife had his third kid when he was on remand. When he gets out he will be allowed to continue to live in, the paid for by us, council flat.

What justice!!???? What about the Burgos family??
Monday 24 August 2009 1.38pm
How is the council flat paid for by us? Do you mean you know the family will be receiving Housing Benefit?
Monday 24 August 2009 3.13pm
Public housing is subsidized:-

a. directly by the rent being lower than total costs.
b. indirectly by taxpayers forgoing the opportunity of selling at the true market price of a central london flat.
Monday 24 August 2009 9.28pm
Not sure how relevant the gob about "people coming over 'ere" is - do we need more old fashioned, British murderers?
Monday 24 August 2009 10.35pm
While I agree with Armpit Vale's last remark, MarkAdams forgot another cost that council housing imposes on the general population; it drives up the cost of private housing by artificially restricting the land and, hence, the amount of accomodation available to those of us not able to enjoy the privileges of council accomodation (eg secure tenure, below market rents, better design standards, democratically accountable landlords etc).
Monday 24 August 2009 10.42pm
Apply for a council flat, Rambling Phil.
Monday 24 August 2009 11.47pm
Nice idea, Beetroot,

Given my circumstances and the lengths of the queues, I think it would probably be a complete waste of everyone's time, and there are people who need social housing more than I do.

Perhaps my time would be better spent campaigning for at least some of those privileges to be granted to everyone.

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: