Tabard Redevelopment, public exhibition

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 February 2004 9.07pm

I half remember seeing in last week's Southwark News an article publicising a public exhibition showing the latest proposals for the Tabard redevelopment by Berkeley Homes. Does anyone know about this - dates? times? or perhaps I have missed it.

Mellin

Tuesday 17 February 2004 10.13pm
You haven't missed it, just the first half. Its on today and tomorrow (17th & 18th) at the Tenants Hall Hankey Place SE1, 4-8 pm. There's drawings, glossy leaflets and a model - and an awful lot of developers representatives. Makes you wonder whether the cost of putting in a whole new planning application with its attendant 'consultations' and publications is worth it for the extra few flats in 7 stroreys of the tower - or whether other agendas are at stake - precedent for Berkeleys to develop tall towers on other local sites perhaps? Or am I a terrible cynic???
Tuesday 17 February 2004 11.02pm
no, TUMJ - they [Berkleys] are the cynics - demonstrated by the manner in which they have manoevered to get the development to this point after buying off the original local objectors to the sheme of 26 storeys, reducing it to 22 [gasp!] with every intention of building higher once the green light was given to other London towers.
Tuesday 17 February 2004 11.17pm
Thank you for the prompt response. I will go along and have a look.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: