New 24hr shop, Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 August 2009 7.51pm
Just spoke briefly with one of the people fitting out the little shop on Snowsfields near The Rose . They're hoping to open tomorrow night.
Friday 14 August 2009 11.07am
whatever happened to the good old-fashioned newsagent that opened from 7-5 Monday to Saturday and closed at 2pm on a Sunday? In an area bursting with 24-hour 'convenience' stores, do we really need another? Why couldn't it be something a little more unique?
Tuesday 18 August 2009 8.14pm
How come I don't know of any 24-hour convenience stores within walking distance of Bermondsey Street?

What we really need is a 24-hour pharmacy.
Tuesday 18 August 2009 8.22pm
Costcutter on Tower Bridge road near the junction with Tanner St is 24hr, and the new one on Snowsfields is a minute if that from the Bermondsey St - Crucifix Lane - St Thomas St junction.
Thursday 20 August 2009 1.55pm
There's a new convenience shop and Internet Cafe on Long Lane next to City Walk, which has just opened.
However, I haven't seen anyone go inside...
Friday 21 August 2009 2.18pm
Ive used both the Long Lane and Snowsfield stores, coincidentally over the last couple of days. More utilitarian than aesthetically pleasing in both cases - they had what I wanted! If we dont need either, then Im sure market forces will wield their sythes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: