Rotherhithe Pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 August 2009 11.08pm
My Friend who has recently moved to the area is searching his Grandfather. He was publican to The Half Moon and Bulls Head on Rotherhide Street approx 1944.. His name was RT Franklin.
I would appreciate any info or photos of the pub. The pub was knocked down around 1985 but might of been empty for sometime. The Sands film company was opposite during the filming of Little Dorrit ( original ).. Thankyou for any info you may have.. I am aware the Arriffs ? where the last known publicans before it was knocked to the ground..

Thankyou to anyone who has info to help with my friends search for his ancestry..

Friday 14 August 2009 8.49am
I think one of the Arif family have a bakers in walworth road still, it was just before manor place on the left hand side going towards the elephant, you could ask them if one of their relations had the pub, they may have some photos of it.
Friday 14 August 2009 10.07am
Arifs Patisserie Bakery
212 Walworth Road, SE17 1JE
Phone: 020 7708 2540
Tuesday 29 September 2009 6.37pm
Hi. I checked out Ariffs and it was a distant relative of the last landlord. I need to go back further my grand father was before the Ariffs,,

I am hoping to find a picture of the pub of which I am hoping to get from the revamped Borough Library.

Thanks. Richard ( Simons friend )

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: