Loitering men - dispersal area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 14 August 2009 12.12pm
Having seen James' article at the dispersal area on the OKR following groups of men gathering there to look for work, a similar group of men to those I had seen in the B&Q carpark were gathered this morning outside the office building on the corner of Great Dover Street and Swan Street. They look a bit intimidating. Does anyone know how I would contact the safer neighbourhood team to ask them to investigate whether the men from OKR have just moved further up the A2?

Many thanks
Friday 14 August 2009 1.57pm
They were probably waiting for a foreman to pick them up, casual labour, i would not worry love.
Friday 14 August 2009 3.01pm
You can find out who your team is here:
http://www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods/

Then it will take you to a webpage where you can send them a message. They usually call back to talk to you about the problem.

We had gangs of men drinking outside our block of flats and after telling safer neighbourhoods team the PCSO's would pass by at the time they were usually loitering. Once they established that the men were there on a regular basis some PCs came along and moved them on, giving them a warning I think. We've had no problems since.

If the men aren't causing a nuisance then the team will just leave them alone.

Hope this helps.
Friday 14 August 2009 3.32pm
HelenCarina wrote:

If the men aren't causing a nuisance then the team will just leave them alone.

glad to here it.
Saturday 15 August 2009 8.57pm
There was a dispersal order in place for some time in the Cut and surrounding areas , to move on the street drinkers . Worked well , but as far as i know , is no longer in place
Sunday 16 August 2009 10.46am
I was offering help not an opinion, so I do not really appreciate being paraphrased by other posters. This is the the sort of thing that puts people off posting on this forum even when they only want to offer a weblink or an example of some similar experience in reassurance. I won't bother again now.
Sunday 16 August 2009 11.24am
HelenCarina, I'm sorry if I offended you. I honestly didn't mean to. I quoted that line because there's been a couple of threads here about loitering men with a tone that assumed they are trouble. Yours was the first to include the possibility that they're not!
Monday 17 August 2009 8.11am
I just thought Karen is there an immigration building nearby? perhaps they were waiting for that to open?
Monday 17 August 2009 9.52am
Thanks ninja999 - an overreaction on my part, i've seen similar things happen on other threads and I didn't want people to think I was getting into a debate on loitering people - as you say I wanted to make it clear that the police won't automatically move people on but they'll check it out.
Monday 17 August 2009 12.50pm
ninja999 wrote:
There was a dispersal order in place for some time in the Cut and surrounding areas , to move on the street drinkers . Worked well , but as far as i know , is no longer in place

And the problem seems to be as bad now as it was before the Dispersal Order.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: