Dry Cleaning - Pick Up & Delivery

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 17 August 2009 10.11am
Hello. I'm new to SE1. Can anyone recommend a dry cleaner in SE1 that has a PICK UP DELIVERY SERVICE? I'm usually happy to take things in myself, which is why I'm hoping to find someone local, but I have a rather big load this time! Have read positive things about Crystal Dry Cleaners. Do they offer this service?
Monday 17 August 2009 12.46pm
First post MaryD, welcome to the forum!

A colleague of mine uses Laundry Box in Shad Thames - apparently they pick up and delivery. There is comment about them (price) here http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/7439.
Monday 17 August 2009 1.31pm
don't use Laundry Box - they just send your stuff off to a 'dry cleaning factory' somewhere in east London. Their service, in my humble opinion, is nothing special and because they are not actual dry cleaners, they can't really get things done quickly for you - everything takes at least a day.

Crystal on TBR is very good, as is Arron (sic) dry cleaners on Jamaica Road although i have not used them since they changed their name. Realistic prices and excellent, fast service.
Monday 24 August 2009 7.59am
I use a company called Fantasy Cleaners who pick up/return on Mon, Wed and Fri to SE1, I can highly recommend them I use their laundry service, 0207 820 8203.
dg
Monday 24 August 2009 7.44pm
Hi,
Try http://www.londondrycleaners.com/ Tower Bridge Cleaners. We've used them for a while and find them good and reliable.
D
Friday 11 September 2009 3.37pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
don't use Laundry Box - they just send your stuff off to a 'dry cleaning factory' somewhere in east London. Their service, in my humble opinion, is nothing special and because they are not actual dry cleaners, they can't really get things done quickly for you - everything takes at least a day.
Crystal on TBR is very good, as is Arron (sic) dry cleaners on Jamaica Road although i have not used them since they changed their name. Realistic prices and excellent, fast service.

---------------------------------------------------

In order to stifle malicious rumours all Laundry Box dry cleaning and laundry is done in-house in our production unit in SE1 and we offer same day service if required.

Sorry to have to correct your humble opinion: our quality is second to none and we have 38 years expertise behind us.
Saturday 12 September 2009 8.12am
The Laundry Box wrote:
all Laundry Box dry cleaning and laundry is done in-house in our production unit in SE1 and we offer same day service if required.
Sorry to have to correct your humble opinion: our quality is second to none and we have 38 years expertise behind us.

so, am I wrong then when I say that you don't do it on the premises? I walk past your place daily and you have no dry cleaning facilities there! Further, your dry cleaning van (which you use to take it to your factory) often parks in our residents' bay! I have used your service on at least five separate occasions and, while we may disagree, my opinion is based on MY experience.

That said, I respect the fact that you have come on to attempt to set the record straight. All the best.
Monday 14 September 2009 9.54am
I'd recommend Immaculate Dry Cleaning in Great Suffolk Street. They'll collect/deliver. I've just discovered them as I had a bulk load to get done too -after water damage. They offered a discount and all cleaning/pressing is done on the premises. They did a marvellous job and when we decided to walk rather than drive round to collect it all they offered to deliver it if it was awkward to carry. They also asked me to check everything when I got home incase it wasn't satisfactory and to phone them with with my verdict. I phoned them to let them know that I was extremely happy with their results.
sf
Wednesday 13 January 2010 11.32am
The Laundry Box wrote:
Gavin Smith wrote:
don't use Laundry Box - they just send your stuff off to a 'dry cleaning factory' somewhere in east London. Their service, in my humble opinion, is nothing special and because they are not actual dry cleaners, they can't really get things done quickly for you - everything takes at least a day.
Crystal on TBR is very good, as is Arron (sic) dry cleaners on Jamaica Road although i have not used them since they changed their name. Realistic prices and excellent, fast service.

---------------------------------------------------

In order to stifle malicious rumours all Laundry Box dry cleaning and laundry is done in-house in our production unit in SE1 and we offer same day service if required.

Sorry to have to correct your humble opinion: our quality is second to none and we have 38 years expertise behind us.

I've just phoned the laundry box about getting some shirts cleaned same day for someone who can't get home due to snow. Response was "no we can't do same day, and anyway I'm in Wapping" Odd.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 11.53am
I'm not often wrong (even if I do say so myself!)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: