Homeless Bums making loud noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 19 August 2009 8.49pm
I apologise for the offence, if any.

I wouldn't place it in the same category as the words just listed, but usage is different from person to person.

As Gavin says, it's not really about what you call these guys, it's what concrete steps can be taken to resolve their problems and the problems they cause other people.

I may be lacking in PC mores, but I'm not lacking in compassion.

Compassion which will no doubt be sorely tested this evening: I have returned home to see four itinerant gentleman sitting outside with plastic bags, plastic bottles and a grumpy demeanour.

Someone else did call the police at 2 am two nights ago. They moved the guys around the corner.
Wednesday 19 August 2009 8.51pm
is hosing down or a reverse noise campaign illegal? I am thinking of combining these ideas, with some offensive language and music played through a powerful megaphone while they are given a soaking.
Wednesday 19 August 2009 11.57pm
I've found that Wagner vorks vell at wolume;especially Walkurenritt.
Thursday 20 August 2009 8.06am
You could try hosing the steps down with a liberal splash of jeyes fluid or Gunk which lingers for a long time. They may find it unpleasant to stay there for any length of time. I dont know what the answer is if you have tried talking to them nicely....
Thursday 20 August 2009 9.27am
I would speak to the police now - two incidences or more of behaviour with an intention to cause alarm or distress constitutes harassment and whilst I doubt the police would arrest them at this time, they could issue them with a first instance harassment warning which could leave them liable to arrest if they continue with such behaviour. You could also consider obtaining an injunction against these people but this might be costly and you would need to know the identity of these persons before being able to do so. However, if you are a leaseholder and the noise is disturbing not only you, perhaps the managing agent could be prodded into action to obtain an injunction?
Friday 21 August 2009 10.11pm
very helpful, thanks.

I think going for an in personam remedy is a good plan.

identify them, personalise it and impose strong measures.

an exemplary display of terror might still work better.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: