Laxon Street School Long Lane 1963-67

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 August 2009 12.59am
did anyone go to laxon streeet school long lane between 1963 - 67
Thursday 20 August 2009 4.14pm
Hello Sheila
I went to laxon secondary modern school long lane from 1966 till it teamed up with Monnow and Aylwin 1968 and I left Aylwin southwark park road in 1970
Wednesday 5 December 2012 9.58am
Hi everyone, I new to this thread and forum but I am interested in Laxon Street school and I can't seem to locate it on a map. I have just discovered that my father went to Laxon St school before going on to the Charles Dickens school and finally leaving school from Pocock St school. He was at Laxon St from 27 May 1905 so I doubt anyone would actually remmeber him I have his reports from both the other schools and Charles Dicken schhol were most intereested to get a copy and his phot, which now are framed & on the school wall.
As I live in the Midlands and my family, as I know it, were in Startford then due to the war, we moved out to Chadwell Heath.

I would pleased to have any information about Laxon Street school.
Wednesday 5 December 2012 2.22pm
Shelia I was at Laxon Street from 1955 to 1957 then to Elizabeth Newton.

When I left the head mistress was Miss Kerr-Waller may have been Mrs. later on she travelled to Tibet and wrote a book about the repressive regime there at the time.

The library at Laxon street was superb and when I bumped into her again 20 years later working with a c.a. at the hall of c.a.'s in moorgate she recognised me...I woz a good gell I woz! lol

My form teacher was Miss E.C.Morris later marrying a Mr Gale. She would take us to tea, therefore starting my love affair with fine dining as it was inevitably a posh tea house with cakes on a china cake stand, she was very kind to us urchins.
Friday 5 May 2017 7.58pm
Hi. This is a long shot but I am researching my family. They were called the Freakes. Mary Freakes lived in Laxon Cottage, Laxon Street with her children Eliza, Benjamin, Richard and Sarah in 1861. I find them near London bridge in 1841 but they are missing in 1851. I don't suppose you remember a family by that name?
Thank you so much in advance
Martha

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: