Mythical E&C regeneration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 22 August 2009 10.40pm
I remember going to a meeting about this in 1997. The council at the time were promising "visible change within 3 years". It seems incredible now after all this time. Everything continually seems to be stalled. Part of it is due to TFL not wanting to slow traffic down on its way through the roundabout. But why has the Oakmayne development on New Kent Rd not started after the rush to get the industrial estate demolished? And the buildings to replace the London Park Hotel?
Sunday 23 August 2009 9.30am
its the financial crisis thats to blame. tried to get a mortgage recently? multiply that by thousands and you can see the extent to which money has dried up...the E&C regen is no longer a priority i'm afraid
Sunday 23 August 2009 10.22am
But still, the GFC only started at most 2 years ago. I think its more due to council incompetence.
Sunday 23 August 2009 11.16am
We have a thread on this subject..(E&C Regeneration) so you can see how we've all been on this case for years and years...yes, incompetence, indecision, rotating Council personnel, TFL, all these are part of the equation. The GFC has been the perfect excuse for now, but as you rightly say, the faffing around and ridiculous power games are to be blamed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: