Wednesday 26 August 2009 1.50pm
Take the point about the driving ability of some
minicab drivers. However:
- you can get a minicab to Heathrow for approx half the price of a black cab. This is a big difference, and we don't all have that cash to throw around
- if you find a good minicab driver, it's often easy to specify that you want the same driver again (or to call them direct), especially if you're booking the journey in advance (as is likely if you're flying off somewhere)
- I've been in black cabs where the driving's been atrocious. They're not all like Parker.
- to me, the main benefit of a black cab is their knowledge of small streets. Whereas everyone knows where Heathrow is.
- there's also the companies like Addison Lee (and SE1's own - ?Express?, down Spurgeon Street
), who, to my mind, bridge the gap between minicabs and black cabs.
...if you press it, they will come.