Children's play area you like the most

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 25 August 2009 2.12pm
Dear all,

I would very much appreciate if could share with me which children play area you like the most. I have a two-year old and live in the Shad Thames area.

Kind regards.
Tuesday 25 August 2009 3.13pm
Hi bubulle

I am over the road from you in Boss Street and the only kids play area I know of in our area is here, on Druid Street.

It's about a 4 minute walk/pram ride away.
Tuesday 25 August 2009 4.06pm
Another blast from the past....
After the Festival of Britain on the South Bank was demolished,(criminal, that was,)they built a childrens playground on the site which I guess must now be near where Jubilee Gardens is situated. I spent many a Summer Sunday over there as a kid. Among other things there were sand pits, tunnels that you could crawl through and a big wooden replica of a steam trian to play on. Some of you 'mature' people must remember it. The only two things that remained after the Festival was the Festival Hall and a restaurant at the end of a pier that jutted out over the Thames. That too has now long gone, but I would like to know how long it remained.
Tuesday 25 August 2009 8.31pm
Come to the Riverside Parents group soft play. It's free and very popular. Friday 10-12 at the Downside centre, druid street. Loads of things for kids up to about 4 years old.
Tuesday 25 August 2009 9.41pm
I also live in the Shad Thames area and take my 2-year-old to the new playground at the bottom of St James' Road (in SE16) located in the church grounds. It's only a ten minute walk from here and is ideally suited to his age group.
Tuesday 1 September 2009 6.16pm
I second JGarcia's welcome to Riverside Parents' soft play and join up as a member for free at www.riversideparents.co.uk and you can send an email round to all our members on the bulletin asking for their suggestions too.

There are a few little parks round here to ring the changes a short walk from Shad Thames. We like Druid Street (next to the soft play sessions)

Tanner Street park has swings, slide and a roundabout (on Tanner St and Tower Bridge Road)

There's a park where Long Lane meets Bermondsey Street with a nice area for the under 2s.

And a really good one at Leathermarket Square Gardens next to Bermondsey Village Hall (where there's also a great playgroup on a Monday morning at 10am).

Happy playing..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: