Traffic Chaos

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 20 February 2004 10.10am

Does anyone know what all the traffic chaos last night was all about? Tower Bridge Road was at a standstill and full of buses that never normally travel down that road.

I'm just curious as to what was going on.

Dan
Friday 20 February 2004 10.13am
There was a bad accident on Bricklayers Arms: a police car hit a boy.
Friday 20 February 2004 11.05am

That's awful - makes me feel really bad about moaning about the traffic.

Was he ok?
Friday 20 February 2004 11.22am
Check out the news section of this very site

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/842

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 February 2004 11.54am
you were moaning about the traffic, not the accident! you couldn't know.
Anonymous User
Friday 20 February 2004 12.04pm
I asked one of the policemen on Tower Bridge Road last night what had happened - he told me there'd been a fatal accident.

I'm glad to hear that wasn't the case.
rm
Friday 20 February 2004 1.36pm
you have to question why a 9 year old boy was crossing the road without an adult anyway.

But it is good that he isn't seriously hurt
Wednesday 25 February 2004 12.44pm
Much more important would be to question why, if the accident was at 3.30pm, and the child was rapidly cleared to hospital, traffic was still not going down the OKR at 6.30pm (nor later).

What is the point in holding up the whole of South London (I bet traffic was bad as far as the M25)?

What sort of an investigation can be worth that level of disruption to other road users? (i.e. bus passengers, Ivanhoe!)

If I were unlucky enough to be involved in an accident, I should hope that I wouldn't cause that much disruption!
Wednesday 25 February 2004 1.00pm
I hope you're never in an accident mapmaker. You shouldn't say such things, it's just tempting fate.

Be careful out there

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 25 February 2004 2.19pm
Thank you, and I you! What I was trying to say was that I hope if I were the victim of a suitably dreadful accident that they'd have the good sense to shift what was left of me sharpish, and leave the traffic to carry on moving (at 3mph). And I wish that they would apply this to any other accidents. Closing a motorway all day because of a fatal accident doesn't achieve anything productive IMO.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: