Are you attending the Thames Festival on September 13th? If so, ITV1 needs you!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Jackie Lythe ITV1 Thursday 27 August 2009 3.27pm
Are you attending the
Thames festival on September 13th 2009?

Will you and your family be making a car journey to
The Mayor's Thames Festival this year?

If so, ITV1 wants to hear from you!

ITV1 are making a landmark, primetime documentary which tells the story of a week in the working life of London's roads. We will be following interesting journeys of the very people who use London's streets on a daily basis.

We will be following the stories that unfold amidst the millions of journeys made in London everyday & we want to include those families that will be making a car journey to the fabulous Thames festival on September 13th.

So if you know you'll be travelling to this jam-packed day of fun, music and activities and think that you and your family would be great characters for the programme

Please CALL 0871 626 62 62

Please leave a message on our voicemail system and
Angela or Adriana
will call you back as soon as possible for an informal chat.

Alternatively EMAIL sevendays@itv.com or
www.itv.com/beontv and click ‘Calling all London Drivers'

Calls cost 10p from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobiles will be considerably more. You must be 18 or over to apply. Lines close at 5pm on Friday 4th September 2009. Terms & Conditions can be found at itv.com/terms.

Advertisement

graham Thursday 27 August 2009 3.41pm
I think the residents of SE1 would rather visitors used public transport. Maybe "Calling all London Oyster Card Users" ?
Am I wrong here?
alang Thursday 27 August 2009 4.01pm
I agree with Graham and also I think the majority of users of this website would be walking or using public transport.
truthmonkey Thursday 27 August 2009 4.13pm
graham wrote:
I think the residents of SE1 would rather visitors used public transport. Maybe "Calling all London Oyster Card Users" ?
Am I wrong here?

A desire I'm sure the sponsors and trustees of the festival share.

However there will, I'd hope, be some less mobile visitors attending the festival who need to travel by car. I'm sure Jackie will be seeking them out.
Jackie Lythe ITV1 Thursday 27 August 2009 4.22pm
Absolutely! We have a real range of people in different forms of transit that day.

It would be fantastic to hear from anyone that is driving to the Festival, for one reason of another.

Many thanks,

ITV1.
emmab Thursday 27 August 2009 4.52pm
Why would SE1 residents be driving to the festival? More curiously, why do you have to call a premium number to tell ITV all about it?
Jackie Lythe ITV1 Thursday 27 August 2009 4.59pm
If SE1 residents know of anyone travelling to the Festival, please do leave a message on the number above or alternatively contact us via email.

We will call you straight back for an informal chat.

Many thanks for your help SE1 residents.
aoibhneas Thursday 27 August 2009 5.37pm
Don't wish to be churlish but shouldn't the title of this thread be slightly different?

Something like "Are you driving to the Thames Festival on September 13th? If so, email us or leave a message on a premium number and - subject to terms and conditions and assuming that ITV judges you and your mandatory family to be suitably characterful - we may want to use you in a documentary."
Zappomatic Thursday 27 August 2009 7.22pm
Hmm so a programme about the gridlock that happens every year at the Thames Festival, and the misfortune of those who make the mistake of (or have the necessity to) driving to it?
emmab Thursday 27 August 2009 11.07pm
"landmark, primetime documentary"

"interesting journeys"

"We will be following the stories that unfold amidst the millions of journeys made in London everyday"

Surely there are MORE interesting journeys than those oh so famous ones made to the Thames Festival, it's hardly a well known roadtrip for Londoners. Do London to Brighton or something a little more appropriate.

Is this one of ITV's new revenue increasing initiatives, promoting premium numbers for unlikely sounding programme ideas?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions