Good News from The Blue!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 29 August 2009 12.43pm
In amongst all the boarded up shops at the Blue there is a new one - opening next week sometime. What looks like a really nice local hardware shop on the other side of the road from where Woolworths used to be. Think of how many trips to the evil B&Q this will save us all - hooray !
Monday 31 August 2009 9.44am
Good news, here's hoping its good, though I'm sure anything is better than b&q!
Monday 31 August 2009 5.21pm
There's also London Builders Merchants in Tower Bridge Road near to Bricklayers Arms, who will cut you lengths of wood rather than force you to buy more than you need (like B&Q!).
Monday 31 August 2009 10.45pm
Possel, where is that? I know that bit and don't recall them and it sounds great.
Thanks.
Tuesday 1 September 2009 12.52pm
They are on the west side of TBR, number 45 I think, almost opposite Haddon Hall Baptist Church - less than 100 yds up from the traffic lights at the roundabout. In fact, I think they now occupy the site where that house collapsed about five years ago!
Tuesday 1 September 2009 1.09pm
One of the engineers at my uni had a flat in that building. You can still see in, what with there being no wall.
Tuesday 1 September 2009 1.36pm
is the chair and bath still there Beetroot?
Tuesday 1 September 2009 1.43pm
Not sure, Jan. I should try to get a photo if it is. My Dad used to tell me about bomb damage in Liverpool when he was a kid. I was always fascinated by how cleanly a wall can be ripped away. He said you sometimes saw peoples ornaments and things all sat untouched in the half of the house that remained.
Sorry, a tad off topic...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: