Shooting at Ministry of Sound, Newington Causeway Closed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 31 August 2009 6.51am
Second weekend running I'm posting about road closures at the E&C, this time at the roundabout with Newington Causeway. Shooting incident at the Ministry of Sound apparently. God Bless South East News on the BBC, I'd never have found out otherwise! (and I, stupid woman, am travelling to Luton, all the tubes are suspended, the taxi cant get in to MCH, ....DUH!!)
Monday 31 August 2009 11.43am
Woke this morning and looked of my windows to see the bodybag in the middle of the road. Nice.
Monday 31 August 2009 2.30pm
I recently moved to this area to get away from all this stuff. It's a joke
Monday 31 August 2009 8.57pm
I don't think its indicative of the area being dangerous. I've lived here for 6 years and its the first time this has happened.
Monday 31 August 2009 10.10pm
so surely it's time to close the place down...???
Monday 31 August 2009 10.47pm
It's not so much the club that is at fault, it's the promoters of that particular night who bring the crowd & violence, MOS has been running for many years (18) with little or no trouble.

Maybe MOS needs to look at who they allow to use their club, but then people would think MOS is discriminating against a certain crowd/music!
Monday 31 August 2009 10.53pm
The shooting didnt actually happen at the club, but on the road. It's still not clear if the guy was shot or run over.
Monday 31 August 2009 11.05pm
There was the shooting in 2005 at MOS
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1628
the one in 2006 also at the Elephant
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2383
then the Old Kent Road ones, the SE1 gun murder and of course the police running up and down union street one recently.
Are people really keen to buy flats in the new builds?
I still love living here but it is getting bad.
Tuesday 1 September 2009 8.52pm
boroughpaul wrote:
so surely it's time to close the place down...???

You're preaching to the choir there Paul, but unfortunately, as the old adage goes, Money talks and Bulls**t walks.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: