A parking plea

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 31 August 2009 10.45pm
please please good people of SE1 parking zone F - we are really tight on spaces for all the residents. please please could you park with consideration!!! If everyone at the end of parking bays budged up to the end we could all get parked.

Tonight looking for a space we drove past loads of 4 car bays with just 3 cars in them because people leave massive gaps... c'mon people a little consideration for others please!!!

many thanks for those that listen and apologies to those that can't be arsed.

Ph x.
Thursday 10 September 2009 12.05am
Good luck mate.

People can't park these days so they leave huge gaps to show how rubbish they are!
Friday 11 September 2009 9.28am
It's so bizarre how people are so bad at it. Every weekend too, Bermondsey Street becomes like a slalom course cars parked on both sides, especially on a Sunday.

If there was ever a fire on the street there is no way that a fire engine would be able to get passed all the cars parked outside the church at the bottom of Bermondsey Street...
ADT
Friday 11 September 2009 9.48am
Same for us on a Sunday - Mason Street, despite the fact that parking is still officially suspended for the ongoing roadworks, becomes a church car park each Sunday.
Friday 11 September 2009 10.32am
We have the same problem about church parking on sundays.They even park on the corner of new kent road.It is a shame because it's such a lovely thing for so many people to go to church,why cant the congregation hire a coach? we live in bartholomew street.The cars are on resident only part and opposite side of the road...
Friday 11 September 2009 4.18pm
I'm going to continue on the grumpy old man persona here... so I get home tonight to find that someone has put a skip in one of the few residents permit spaces. great thanks for that. nevermind the huge stretches of single yellow road you could have put it in...oh no stick it in a parking space. magic.
Friday 11 September 2009 7.49pm
Thanks, Phraze, I'm not paranoid after all. Other people, like yourself, suffer the same frustrations.It doesn't only happen in London, believe me. I live on a road in Essex where there is very little off road parking. People who do have off road parking prefer not to use it as they are fed up with people parking accross there spaces and blocking them in.(Particularly when there's a sell-out show on at the nearby theatre.) There are a several double and tripple-length stretches of kirb on my road and some people regulalry park in the middle-ish of them, thereby taking up two spaces.
On one occasion I had someone park so close to me in a tripple that I couldn't get out. I was on my way to collect my daughter from her dance class and after knocking on a dozen doors to find the culprit I gave up and got a taxi. The return journey cost 12 and when I got back the b*****r had gone! As for emergency vehicle access, nothing will be done until it happens. We have been campaigniong for double yellow lines on the corner of our road for ages because cars and vans double-park overnight right on the corners and an ambulance, never mind a fire engine, would never get through. A few months ago that very scenario occurred. Two weeks later....Double yellow lines!
When I lived in Lincolnshire we had a dangerous crossroads at the end of our road and there was, on average. an accident a month. After one near fatal collision they finally staggered the crossing. Something the villgars had been on about for years.
Saturday 12 September 2009 11.27pm
I think that's why people like 4 x 4's. If some bugger parks in front of your driveway and blocks you in you can just push him out of the way ad leave him in the road.
Plus with all the speed bumps and potholes it's the only really practical thing in town even if they are a bit big. Haven't got one, but I see the allure.

I remember fondly a sketch involving a Sherman tank squashing parked cars that got in his way. Was it Kenny Everitt?
Zoe
Sunday 13 September 2009 8.45am
You can push cars out of the way with a normal car, you don't need a 4x4. I have 'bumpered' them myself on many occasions!
Sunday 13 September 2009 9.11am
I wouldn't recommend the procedure but many years ago I witnessed a driver in Wimbledon who, having spent a good five minutes manouvering out of a tight spot, walked to the boot of his car, took out a baseball bat, returned to the car that had caused him the frustration and proceeded to smash in the headlights.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: