Bermondsey Street Festival 19th September

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 September 2009 12.28pm
Hi, I've been helping out this year with the preparations for the Bermondsey Street Festival, Saturday 19th September.

I'd just like to draw everyones' attention to the festival web site

I'm posting updates as things get confirmed. There is also information about entry for the dog show (which is on the day), a gallery for the entrants, and information about what to expect from our stall holders.

Please offer suggestions,

Related news & features

Related events

Wednesday 2 September 2009 6.55pm
Could we have celebrities modelled out of vegetables. Seriously - there was a great Amy Wingehouse using courgetted et al at the country fair.
Or maybe just a Allotment competition - flower , veg etc..
Wednesday 2 September 2009 8.08pm
I would have like to have seen that. The Amy courgette.

I think we discussed a best veg competition, thinking maybe not enough people locally had access to an allotment (is that right?).

Would a best cakes competition work?
Wednesday 2 September 2009 9.04pm
What about local artists selling work? It wouldn't have to stalls as such. They could exhibit along the railings.
Wednesday 2 September 2009 9.43pm
Thanks beetroot it's a good idea.

We have an exhibition of local artists at Delfina over the weekend of the 18th/19th/20th.

And the Puech Gallery is hosting a stall.

Any local artists maybe email me, I can chat to the comittee.
Monday 14 September 2009 4.01pm
I am helping out as well on Saturday.

There will be free guided tours of St Mary Magdalen church on Bermondsey Street including a climb up the tower (optional!).
Friday 18 September 2009 9.20am
Just a reminder about the Bermondsey Street Festival on Saturday, from 11 to 5.

There's lots going on, with events - Dog Show - Art Exhibition - Fashion Show - Arts and Craft Market - Beer Tent - Films - in Tanner St Park and Bermondsey Square.

Friday 18 September 2009 2.10pm
Looking forward to this - my favourites last year were the dog show and the fashion show! Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Saturday 19 September 2009 4.19pm
Just back from a visit. Some great stuff, and lovely weather as well. Excellent soundsystem in B Sq, playing great 70s-style reggae. Oh, and fantastic cards from one of the SE1's forum's very own star posters.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 19 September 2009 7.59pm
A few photos from our little backwater. I love this place. :)

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: