5 a side games - now established in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 1 September 2009 2.24pm
We are a group of about a dozen players (Mainly Dads of Riverside Parents) who now play weekly on a Tuesday night at Tabard Street Gardens (booked astroturf floodlit pitch) at 8pm. We still need extra players to add to the squad (including tonight!) for holiday cover etc, and as the pitch could take 7-8 a side, over subscription shouldnt be an issue!

It's with a great bunch of guys and the standard isnt too elite (but half decent!) so if you fancy a game, the next one is tonight!

The pitch is a real find, and we have booked it until late October, and if the interest is there we have the option to book it for further months.

Regulars pay a nominal sum (about 3 a match) but it will be free to those turning up who havent played with us before, until they are happy to commit to being a regular.

Picture of the pitch in floodlights...
The full pitch has markings for two smaller pitches
Tuesday 1 September 2009 3.38pm
Hello ruudgull,

Sounds great and I would be happy to join in. Sadly tonight is a bit late notice for me, but can I just turn up next week?

Tuesday 1 September 2009 4.25pm
Hey I am definitely up for this! How long are the games?
Tuesday 1 September 2009 4.29pm
OK my colleague Vince is up for this as well - both of us every week. He can't make it this week du to short notice, but I can; I jsut need to go home and get my stuff first.

Can I come down today? Do I need to bring a particular colour top?
Tuesday 1 September 2009 4.38pm
OK two of us are coming tonight!
Tuesday 1 September 2009 5.04pm
I am down for this. Astroturf boots I assume?

See you tonight.
Tuesday 1 September 2009 6.43pm
Hello ruudgull

A bit late notice, but I'll come along tonight if that's ok.

see you later
Tuesday 1 September 2009 7.34pm
fantastic- see you there!
Wednesday 2 September 2009 9.15am
Hi ruudgull - A few clarifications please.

- The game apparently started at 7.30, not 8

- The cost is apparently 5 a game, not 3

Can you clarify what is what, please?

Also, there were not enough bibs for one team - I am happy to contribute to more bibs being purchased, but towards the end of the game the yellows had two players in white t-shirts which confused the opposing team, some of us kept passing them the ball.

Is it always 3-touch?

It was nice to meet everyone, all nice guys. I think I will be down with 4 other players next week; please confirm all of the above details.

Wednesday 2 September 2009 9.27am
I think you went to the wrong game! We are on pitch A-on the right hand side as you look towards the buildings (you may have ended up on pitch B), and we start at 8.00 and we don't charge newcomers.

We dont do 3 touch, and we do occasionally have bibs.

Hope to see you next week- the other team cant hijack you guys!

I cant make next week, but do send me your email address (by private message if you prefer) if you would like to go on our footy mailing list.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: