Venetian Blinds Fittings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 September 2009 11.47am
Anyone know where I can get some? I've just got some blinds from Freecycle but they don't have the attaching bits. I can't remember ever seeing somewhere local. Is there?
Wednesday 2 September 2009 12.16pm
I had my wooden blinds fitted by these guys a few years back - they did a good job. They do venetian too.
Wednesday 2 September 2009 4.35pm
I suppose you could buy the cheapest blind in argos use the mounting hardare supplied for your blind and give the argos blind to Freecycle. Probably just as cheap as buying the mounting hardware separately.
I was looking for some blinds for my windows as double glazing makes the net curtains, even when new, look grubby from the outside. According to the Pilkington glass website there is no cure for net curtains appearing grey behind double glazing.
Couldn't resist a Venetian doodle. I'm trying to perfect a falling leaf.
Wednesday 2 September 2009 4.49pm
Well I think I'll try Boss Street Bloke's shop. The ones I've got are nice wooden ones so that place might do the right thing.
Thank you for your animation phoney. What software is it?
Wednesday 2 September 2009 5.01pm
Drawn in windows Paint and animated with Ulead Gif animator. Pretty basic.
I can't see a professional firm supplying the fittings and hanging the blinds for less than a couple of hundred quid. And think of the fun and satisfaction in hanging them yourself. I do love the pleasure in admiring my own DIY handiwork.
Wednesday 2 September 2009 5.15pm
Oh I don't want them to hang them. I'll give them a ring first to see if they'll sell me the bits, and for how much.
Thursday 16 January 2014 2.51pm
Hello. I am on the look out for some vertical blinds for which you do not need to drill any holes. I made some internet research and found this: Suitable for floor to ceiling, patio doors, conservatories as well as smaller more standard windows in your home you can control the light or the heat and glare from the sun to enhance your living environment. Our top quality louvre blinds are manufactured from a vast range of fabrics including blackout, voile and flame retardant. Using the quality chain operating system, however, you prefer your made to measure vertical blind will glide easily to the left or right or order your blind to split bunch in the middle. Order one of our vertical blinds today for next day delivery and enjoy a simple, durable window blind for years to come. It all sounds very nice but it doesn't say anything about hanging. Can you recommend any good places where I can find them? Thanks.
Thursday 16 January 2014 6.00pm
I used no more nails on my blinds 5+ years ago. To my amazement, they are still up there, no problems caused, no questions asked!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: