Potters Fields park refurbishment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 20 February 2004 4.23pm
did anyone make it to the "consultation" meetings on weds/thurs and if so what was the outcome?

Friday 20 February 2004 4.37pm
There is a report right here on this website:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/840

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 February 2004 5.30pm
thanks james. i'm more blind than i thought. keep up the good work on this brilliant www.

Saturday 28 February 2004 4.13pm
[duplicate of my posting on Flats at Potters Fields thread]

"It is crucial that Southwark get the Corporation of London (and their Bridge House Estates Trust) to cooperate with the redesign of Potters Fields and any future development on the coach park site.

There is a diagonal strip of land in the City's ownership between the west of Tower Bridge Road and Potters Fields/the coach park site. This currently has a vehicle ramp leading down to the arches beneath the bridge approach. When the area that is now Potters Fields was riverside warehousing, the utilitarian side of the road viaduct was not visible. It is now an eyesore visible from across the park.

I think that there is a strong argument for a landswap that would allow a sympathetic development at road level on Tower Bridge Road in return for a new pedestrian steps/ramp approach to the park. Any views?"

[/duplicate of my posting on Flats at Potters Fields thread]

As the city corporation is part of the Pool of London Partnership, is there any chance that this might get into the design brief???

Post edited (28 Feb 04 16:16)
Saturday 28 February 2004 11.27pm
LR et al

The ramp to which you refer serves the area previously used as a coach park. As I understand it, the coach park and Potters Field are two entirely separate entities.

Niall Connolly
Saturday 28 February 2004 11.34pm
I think Lang Rabbie's point is that we are dealing with three entities here - the park, the coach park and the ramp serving the arches.

Sunday 29 February 2004 3.07pm
James

Does anyone actually know who owns what in that area?

Niall Connolly
Friday 12 March 2004 3.20pm
There is a "design workshop" this weekend:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/871

Also, the Potters Fields Park Consultation website is now up and running.

Thursday 18 March 2004 4.19pm
Great website it gives dates for consultation workshops GREAT but no venue!!

It just reads Venue to be confirmed - when - how - no contact number visible??????????

How not to consult..............

Modigliani
Wednesday 28 April 2004 7.03pm
Does anyone know the history of the former William Curtis Ecological Park which I've just realised is still shown on some maps of the area. And who was William Curtis?

http://195.92.245.225/image.dll?ShowImage&image=TQ38SW60.gif&street=Y&loc2=84

Apparently it was created in 1977, but destroyed in 1985 "for development". Some of the plants were transferred to another nature reserve in Lewisham

Was it on part of what is now More London - presumably requisitioned for the previous scheme for that site (designed to look like a vastly expanced version of Piazza San Marco in Venice IIRC?) then abandoned in the last property bust.

IMO the closely-mown landscsape of the current Potters Fields Park is an ecological "green desert".
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: