Hospital appointments ranting again..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 3 September 2009 2.51pm
You hear so much about patients wasting time by not turning up for appointments , I had to cancel one for Monday the 7th..I have been ringing the direct line since 10.36 this morning, three times in fact, only to find that the mail box was full, and the call was being transferred to another extension...wait for it....then auto voice came on and said no extension has been validated!

Tried to contact appointments, went around the houses...got a helpful young lady who put me through to someone she said was definitely there...rings, voicemail comes on ..she is not there till the 28th august...no facility for leaving messages..

So now next monday afternoon unless I can get through there will be yet another missed appointment in medicine!

rant over.....
Thursday 3 September 2009 3.11pm
Just out of interest and to complete the story why did you have to cancel the appointment. An appointment for something else was more important? Why not cancel the second appointment.
Thursday 3 September 2009 3.24pm
I could not because it involved taking a very frail neighbour to an appointment what I had forgotten about! take it from me I really am aware of hospital visits being missed!
Thursday 3 September 2009 6.38pm
Jan, you're probably way ahead of me on this but could you send an email? If not to the clinic or whatever itself, to somewhere more central in the hospital. Maybe the helpful young lady could give you an address? Might be worth the chance that it would get forwarded on to the right place.
Thursday 3 September 2009 7.16pm
I have had this same problem myself. It's ridiculous. Not only that but the central London hospital I was calling also used an out of town call centre on a premium rate number. It was impossible to cancel or re-book at all. I finally wrote a letter. I never found out if they got it.
Friday 4 September 2009 8.23am
aoibhneas I ended up sending an e-mail to the pals office, I phoned their number but they were on voicemail.....
Phoned the main switchboard number and waited while the automatic recording told you what you should do if you think you have swine flu, at this time I was pig sick...lol
and people who have been on holiday often forget to delete the information they left..but why did she not have a 'leave a message' bit after?
Friday 4 September 2009 10.25am
Sounds infuriating and guaranteed to send your blood pressure through the roof! Hope you get things re-arranged and that your neighbour's appointment works out ok.
Friday 4 September 2009 11.03am
Friday 4 September 2009 12.37pm
phoney love, i could not open it up? work police have stopped us!
Saturday 5 September 2009 11.05am
have also had this problem with St. Thomas' and - courtesy of advice from my Mum who worked as a nurse for 40+ years in the NHS - have a surefire way around the problem.
call the hospital general switchboard and ask to speak to the clinic consultant's secretary/PA: they all have one. explain the problem to her/him - they'll sort it out.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: