Where can I get late post collection in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 20 February 2004 6.12pm
I need to get a very "important" doc posted with tonight's postmark on. (It's my fantasy rugby league team and the season starts today. If the postmark is dated after today, then my enrty will be rejected.

Does anyone know where/when??

[thanks]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 20 February 2004 6.17pm
the sorting office at Nine Elms Lane, Vauxhall is open until 9pm, if you are that desperate...
Friday 20 February 2004 6.22pm
great

thanks

Tuesday 24 February 2004 12.16pm
The post's always late, I don't know why you're worrying.
Tuesday 24 February 2004 12.28pm
There used to be a collection at 9pm from the post box opposite Borough tube station, outside what was once a post office, not sure if it is still there.
Tuesday 24 February 2004 2.41pm
The postbox outside the PO on Borough Hi St is still there.
I believe it's good for 7 pm.
And there is a collection on Sunday !
Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.16pm
Yes, Kevin it's 7pm (which I just missed on Friday. Humbug.)

It says on that post box that 9 Elms is open until 7:30 pm. I would rather trust fedora above (who says it's open until 9), but I didn't test it on Friday night because after going to Mandela Way (no post box, and I stupidly went back out onto OKR and spent too much time effecting a U turn to head back Borough-wards) and then finding that I'd missed collection from the box outside the Borough High St "post office" (what is the building now? It's been empty for some time hasn't it?) I just gave up, crossed my fingers, and put the letter in that box, hoping the nice people at fantasy rugby league would let me off (especially when they see my rubbish team).

Tuesday 24 February 2004 6.07pm
Do we get to know who is in your fantasy rugby team?
Tuesday 24 February 2004 7.10pm
Sarah,

I'd gladly share that info with you all, but I must stress that it's not "rugby" (i.e. word generally used by people in the south who, through ignorance or arrogance, think that there is only one form of the sport {rugby union}, that it is only played at international level, and that it involves seeing Johnny and assorted square-chinned chaps kick the ball back and forth with the occasional try), but rugby league (i.e. the one of the two codes of rugby that attracts thousands of people to watch it at club level but which gets next to no coverage in the papers or on TV, and the only reason why I have sold my soul to the gods of trash tv and subscribed to sky).

In fact Sarah, if you're a league fan, then you can come round to ours and watch some Super League and have a few drinks. Hell, if you're a league fan you can even bring the kids (and I promise I'll have Mrs I's jaws wired for the occasion, so they'll be quite safe).

Tuesday 24 February 2004 7.12pm
everyone, I'd trust that the postbox has more up to date info than me - if it says 7.30 then perhaps they changed the opening times recently, what with the cutbacks and all..
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: