Asian oriental supermarket?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 4 September 2009 6.47pm
with fusebox gone, does anyone know of a local supermarket/place/stall that sells thai/vietnamese products?
i am after some sriracha sauce (spelling?), hot chili sauce.
thanks
k
Saturday 5 September 2009 8.56am
Man Gee Chinese supermarket on the Old Kent Road sells a wide variety of oriental food products.
Saturday 5 September 2009 10.08am
There's also a Vietnamese supermarket on Southwark Park Road, opposite the Blue market. It's called Vinh Phat.

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Vinh_Phat%2C_SE16_3RW
Saturday 5 September 2009 11.39am
this is sooo spooky I just logged on to ask that very question!!!

smoggy - where about on Old Kent Road is the Chinese supermarket?
Saturday 5 September 2009 12.12pm
I think smoggy refers to the asian supermarket just to the right of Asda, on the corner of Ossory Road(?). There is another on Walworth Road, about number 233. It has everything but their knowledge of English is limited so be sure what you are asking for. It adds to the fun. Alternatively, if you fancy popping into Chinatown, the New Loon Moon is my favourite and worth the journey. An amazing range from most Asian cuisines, plus herbs and veges that you will need.

no connection etc
Saturday 5 September 2009 6.13pm
Yes, New Loon Moon in ChinaTown is very good - they also sell Lipton's Iced Tea powder (tastes exactly like the bottles and costs 1.85 for a big bag!)

There's another good asian supermarket next to the Morrisons in Peckham - by Peckham Rye Lane. The 78 bus stops opposite it...
Sunday 6 September 2009 12.40am
Gwynaethva wrote:
There's another good asian supermarket next to the Morrisons in Peckham - by Peckham Rye Lane. The 78 bus stops opposite it...
And another (slightly bigger) branch of the same supermarket, Wing Tai, near Camberwell Green (on the west side of Denmark Hill).
Sunday 6 September 2009 12.08pm
its the thai stuff i am frusrated at not being able to get locally...anyone know a good source for penang curry paste,kaffir lime leaves and real thai coconut milk??
Sunday 6 September 2009 4.46pm
excellent, thanks.
will it try out.

re: boroughpaul, i did find a very well stocked online thaiplace, but the minimum order is 30. that's a lot of pastes...
raanthai
Monday 7 September 2009 12.53pm
Why not ask the chef at The Hartley on TBR? Looks like a husband & wife team in the kitchen. Just a thought ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: