Is Burwash House safe? - Kipling Estate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 5 September 2009 9.03am
Hi all,

I am looking to move into Burwash House on the Kipling Estate on Weston Street and wanted to know how safe it is and what kind of people live there.

The stair wells aren't great and look a bit dodgy to me. I have lived on ex-LAs before but never a high rise one. The flat is gorgeous though with great views.

I will be a female on my own I wanted to know if it was safe coming home at night up those stairs and are there any dogy characters in the bulding?

Any information people give me would help lots!

Thanks.
Saturday 5 September 2009 10.45am
A lot of gay men live there. The blocks are known affectionately by them and those who know them as Fairy Towers. I've never heard anything bad about them.

A while ago there was a series of muggings on nearby Porlock Street, and there was a stabbing. A friend of mine was attacked there. I think it's stopped now. That street can be easily avoided anyway.

Not really of interest but according to Google maps the Fashion and Textile Museum is in Fairy Towers!
Monday 7 September 2009 2.00pm
I lived in Burwash for a few months earler this year and it was absolutly fine! I never felt unsafe as a woman and there are always lots of people about. The lifts look dodgy, think they are due to be replaced soon, sadly they are often peed in which is a pity as it is a well maintained tower block. Great location!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: