Waterloo Brasserie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9
Tuesday 8 September 2009 8.48am
Has anyone been offered a free meal as promised here?:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/waterloobrasserie/
If so, why are there no new reviews on this site?

I emailed a few days ago and have had no response at all, not even a message along the lines of "We're sorry, but due to exceptional demand ...".

I walked past the Brassierie last night at 8.30pm and there were, I think, just two customers in the whole place -- which seems hardly likely if they were really giving free meals, and hardly a good advertisement for the place.

If no-one has been offered the promised free meal, it looks like they may have simply used the SE1 forum for some free promotion, in which case I say boycott the place!
Tuesday 8 September 2009 9.13am
I was going to post the same thing! I also applied and have heard nothing. How rude!
Tuesday 8 September 2009 10.46am
I recieved this from them on Thurs 3rd Sept. Nothing since, however.

"hello!

Thank you so much for applying to become a Waterloo Brasserie reviewer.
We have been inundated with responses, which is great! If you have been successful in your application, you will be hearing from us in the next
5 working days to arrange your visit.

For those of you who are unsuccessful, we would like to make you an honorary 'Friend of Waterloo Brasserie' which entitles you to:
* 10% off all food and drink at any time
* Free entrance to special events and late nights
* Priority table booking
* A special 25% discount on your birthday every year for parties of up to 4 people

Your 'Friends of Waterloo Brasserie' members card will arrive in the post very soon!

See you soon....
Waterloo Brasserie"
Tuesday 8 September 2009 11.04am
Well it's either clever marketing, or they havent realized that SE1-ers are the people who will rave about your restaurant - so jump them up the queue!
Tuesday 8 September 2009 11.53am
I've sent in an email last week and haven't heard anything - not even an acknowledgement. Shall have to wait and see if they send me a members' card!
Tuesday 8 September 2009 11.59am
Me too...let's see if the Member's card materialises....
Tuesday 8 September 2009 12.23pm
I also sent off an email to them and haven't heard anything...

If it was just a marketing ploy then I for one will be boycotting the place and asking everyone else that I know to do the same!! Ha! :oP
Tuesday 8 September 2009 1.00pm
I had the sam response as Rash1.

I won't be recommending the resturant.

Any chance of having this removed from the SE1 Forum all together?

Just a thought
Tuesday 8 September 2009 1.44pm
Don't forget the postal strike which may delay cards etc.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 8 September 2009 3.09pm
Yes, thank you, James, but Royal Mail isn't necessary to convey polite acknowledgement emails, surely? TIC

I think that if a company are putting this kind of an offer out there, then they should make sure someone deals with the response. Disgruntling your local customers before they've even set foot inside is not generally considered good marketing practice, methinks!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: