Sunday lunch with baby

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 8.02pm
Avoiding adding this to the thread on kids eating out...

Our little un is now 5 whole weeks old and I'm almost ready to venture out and try to be one of those people with a kid in a public place. Can anyone suggest a local pub that is ok with you bringing kids in for Sunday lunch. Obviously the little one won't care about the food just yet, but we do!

We used to go to the Roebuck or the Trinity - anyone ventured there with kids? The nearer to Elephant the better.

Wednesday 9 September 2009 8.44pm
I've seen babies in The Glad on Borough High Street near the tube station. They do Pie Minister pies and mash, with mushy peas.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 11.37pm
On the other side of the E&C, have a look at The Three Stags on Lambeth Road, great food, not the cheapest but staff are friendly to children, can't remember if there are baby changing facilities though as don't need them anymore (maybe worth a call) Good luck and don't read the other thread, it would put you off leaving the house much less going to a pub/restaurant with children!
Thursday 10 September 2009 12.37am
Kirsty, with reference to the other thread, almost anywhere where Serge isn't going will be ok (sorry Serge). At 5 weeks, the chances are that, with a feed and a walk in the fresh air first, your baby will sleep through the whole thing - bliss! Not SE1 but Inn the Park in St James's Park is really nice for Sunday lunch, especially during the Autumn. Take the bus, not the tube though as the tube station there doesn't have an escalator or lift - or walk from the Jubilee Line at Westminster.
Thursday 10 September 2009 1.29am
We often go to the Woolpack on Bermondsey Street: if it's nice you can sit outside in the largely covered beer garden.
Thursday 10 September 2009 8.29pm
Thanks for all those,

She's no trouble going out at the mo, as emmab says a good feed and a push in the buggy and she'll sleep through lunch. Just don't want to get glared at by everyone else in the place when we walk in! We've been to dragon castle already but craving a good pub roast beef lunch now - especially now I can have the meat rare again!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: