After hours take-aways in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 February 2004 2.06pm
Does anybody know of any decent take-aways that are open after hours? Especially in the London Bridge/Bermondsey area.
After downing several pints, I occasionally get hungry. So after chucking out time, feel the need to eat! But everywhere seems to close @ 11.00pm!
Travelled far & wide on Saturday night, to find that the only choices where some dodgy Pizza places.
Am I the only person that craves (decent) late night cuisine, without having to make it myself???

Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.13pm
Seems like I am the only one with this strange habit...

Maybe a bit of forward thinking will have to be done - ordering before I venture out?

Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.16pm

Your probably not the only who craves a kebab on the way home ( in fact I know your not).
There are obviously not any places that people can recommend - there is a grubby looking place on Tower Bridge Road but I wouldn't recommend it.
Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.27pm
It does seem a little strange that all the decent places I know of, only take orders/deliver up till 11pm.
I remember when I lived 'Up North' falling out of late night pubs/clubs & stumbling into the nearest takeaways & there was always a choice - the best been the fish & chips, fresh too, as we lived on the coast, Mmmmmmmm.
They were so busy, must have taken a fortune as they were always packed.....
Oh well, grubby pizzas for me then.

Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.58pm
Cucina Pizza are open after the pubs shut - delicious pizzas and not at all grubby
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.26pm
Ah yes, forgot abot that one, very nice pizzas & salads! A bit pricey though, but worth it - & after downing a few I probably won't care about the cost.....

Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.31pm
I am a big fan of the Capital Kebabby place on the CUT

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=222

[how do I do the nifty renaming of links?]
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.34pm
Yes, I like the Capital Kebab House too!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.39pm
Speaking of kebabs - the kebab shop on Grange Road (ideally - I thought - placed within yards of my front door) appears to close long before the pubs shut... at first I thought they must just be on holiday but after several attempts at getting chips in bread on my swervy way home I have come to the conclusion that they never stay open late... how odd... do the residents of Grange Road really eat kebabs when sober??? Isn't there a law against that?
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.55pm

Not just a law but it also offends any commonly held standards of moral decency!

surely not...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: