London Eye - rainbow coloured

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 September 2009 7.06pm
If you're within sight of the London Eye just now, take a look. They've switched over to the rainbow colours tonight, not sure how long for, maybe for Thames Festival?
Friday 11 September 2009 7.26pm
Yes, on Sunday, you also have the Festival Of Light, which forms part of the Thames Festival.
TAK
Friday 11 September 2009 10.51pm
I saw it tonight too - was just thinking would have been cool if they'd managed to do that for Gay Pride.....
Saturday 12 September 2009 6.49am
i think they did...
Saturday 12 September 2009 9.17am
TAK wrote:
I saw it tonight too - was just thinking would have been cool if they'd managed to do that for Gay Pride.....

Yes they did. Was very cool.
Saturday 12 September 2009 11.45am
They do have a fantastic sense of occasion at the London Eye. I can see it from my kitchen window and they do sometimes get me guessing about the different colours. It was yellow when the Tutankhamen thingo was at the O2 representing gold, turns pink for breast cancer week, red white and blue often when there is a major sporting event and pull out all the stops for New Years Eve. Rainbow when its Gay Pride so with Soho Live on Sunday (formerly Soho Pride the huge Gay Soho Street party) maybe thats partly why the lovely big wheel is lit up rainbow right now. I have tried checking on thier website and phoning up to ask "why is it yellow" but didnt get much joy so they keep us guessing.
Saturday 12 September 2009 3.02pm
I'm so senile, I KNOW someone who knows the person who decides on the colours...but I cant remember who it is. If I remember, I'll contact him/her and let you know. The Wheel dominates our view from our terrace at the E&C, I cant imagine any more how it would have been before the Wheel went up. We moved in just afterwards.
Saturday 12 September 2009 9.35pm
And red for Valentine's Day. I can see it when I go up my stairs and love the colour changes they do. Just returned from fantastic day at the Festival - the fire garden in front of the Tate is amazing.
Monday 14 September 2009 1.17pm
Yes they did do it for Pride London:

http://www.londoneye.com/NewsAndEvents/News/Gay_Pride/Default.aspx

It was someone in the Press Office that arranged it to be done for us.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: