Overs 50's exercise classes / Line Dancing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 September 2009 10.54pm
Does anyone know of any over 50's exercise classes , held in th evenings? Or any Line Dancing Classes,
reall ywant some GENTLE exercise, Step etc - for beginners of course. Preferably North Southwark / Bankside / Borough areas ?
Sunday 13 September 2009 11.59pm
ooh, good question! I have just reached the age of 50 and am very unfit (numerous health problems) and would love to find a really gentle exercise class.
Tuesday 15 September 2009 9.25pm
Hi Auntie Pat..
Apparently The Bankside Health Club do such a class it is in the Blue Fin building, adjacent to Marks and Spencer on Southwark Street. Sounds Great. The good news is it is only 5 , the bad news is it is on a Wednesday at 3pm.

I work FT , so am looking for an evening class.

Any of you local gyms out there, got spare facilities after the mad office rush of workers have departed , THINK OF THE LOCAL RESIDENTS ! This could make you some money !!
Tuesday 15 September 2009 9.39pm
The Colombo Centre in Colombo St used to do such things. Maybe they still do. Sorry, haven't had the chance to look them up yet but they were great.

In fact, I'd be interested so if you find out anything, please post.
Tuesday 15 September 2009 10.37pm
Like wise

Now found three of us.... surely someone wants us oldies !!!!!
Wednesday 16 September 2009 2.00am
Thanks Barbara,
I will look into that.
Wednesday 16 September 2009 8.18am
OLDIES??? What shall I say? I'm twenty years older than you lot, and I still refuse to say I'm an oldy. I have been doing Pilates and it's marvellous.
Wednesday 16 September 2009 8.59am
The Colombo centre do a "senior " aerobics class on a tuesday morning but not sure what they mean by senior i.e senior citizen or just for older people. Again there is an assumption that older people are free during the day

why not lobby Southwark/Fusion/colombo centre-if enough interest is shown for an evening class they may take notice
Saturday 19 September 2009 4.34pm
There use dto be one on Wednesdays 8pm-9pm 2.50 at Inspire at St Peters just off Walworth Road in Liverpool Grove but not sure if it is still going.
The crypt is lovely and it's not too far away.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: