Party venues

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 March 2002 12.36pm
Hi, can anyone help me? I am looking for a venue to hire for a birthday party in May. Ideally I would like somewhere with a private function room with a capacity of about 100 - 150, a late bar and decks/ DJs and I don't want to pay a fortune! Any ideas? (I've already tried Mint on Montague, but they charge a fortune for food.)
Mil
Monday 18 March 2002 1.21pm
You could try the Simon the Tanner pub on Long lane as they shut at weekends. I have found previously that so long as you can guarantee a certain amount of guests/takings you can get places like that to open for you and for a fair price. Its nice now its been done up.
Sam
Monday 18 March 2002 5.19pm
Yes, I'd recommend Simon the Tanner as well. It's a nice little pub and the people who run it are very friendly. The menu is "fusion" tapas: perfect for a party. There aren't decks or DJs, but I'm sure they can arrange some kind of music.
Oliver
Thursday 4 April 2002 2.11pm
the best party venue around is the top floor bar at the top of guys hospital...its amazing, the views are staggering..especially at night 150- 200 people easily and really cheap to hire. It was time-outs venue of the year last year.
Thursday 4 April 2002 4.54pm
I'd be interested in more info. on this. Do you have contact details?
Thursday 4 April 2002 4.56pm
To clarify, I was referring to the Guy's hospital venue, thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: