Kindness in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 19 September 2009 12.17pm
After taking my quilt to be washed in the laundrette on the cut , i was on the way home and stopped in the costcutters with the quilt draped over my shoulder. I noticed a young girl with her mum staring at me and whispering to her mum ..she then came over and offered 20p to the "poor homeless man " lol

She looked a bit put out when i pointed out i was just on the way home from the laundrette (mind you i was just wearing a tracksuit and scruffy t-shirt !! )
Saturday 19 September 2009 4.01pm
whatever one's stance on giving directly to homeless, that's undeniably adorable.
Saturday 19 September 2009 10.20pm
Another instance at E+C station. A Mum and small child had *just* missed the train, doors had closed and it had started to move off. But, amazingly, the driver noticed them, stopped the train and opened the doors!
Monday 21 September 2009 10.43am
Unlike the driver of the 21 bus who, when I stepped back to allow astruggling mum with chair inside in front of me then closed the door just as I put my foot on the step.

I assume it was a message not to let 'wimmin, kids and pushchairs' in his bus. If I had happened to have a brick I could have cheerfuly have put it through his windscreen.
Monday 21 September 2009 3.18pm
This morning I saw a family of 3 including a little girl of about 6/7 run to catch 363 in Peckham, the driver waited until they got to the doors closed them as the father was going in and drove off.

It warms your heart to think of what the bus drivers go through in London to act like that, poor things.
Thursday 24 September 2009 5.01pm
Last week I fainted on the number 78 and the kindness I experienced was so touching. The bus was full as it always is in the morning. One man jumped off the bus to buy me a drink and a chocolate bar, I was given a banana, another man was on directory enquiries getting the number of my work, someone called the ambulance and a lady offered to come to hospital with me.

It wasn't a great morning for me but people are nice and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: