What was going on this afternoon?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 19 September 2009 4.35pm
Around Waterloo? I have never seen quite so many police cars. Waterloo Rd was closed, even for pedestrians, all the way from Living Space up past the station. You couldn't get in to the station even though the police said it was working normally. I had to walk round the back and up the slope.

Webber St was also closed from Blackfriars Rd up, and I think The Cut was, too.

This was about 1.30pm onwards for a long time. There was a helicopter as well.

Any ideas? The police would only say there was an "incident".
Saturday 19 September 2009 5.19pm
Just browsing around and found this interesting information with lots of SE1 mentioned. If something is going on you can probably find out what happened hereMission Data
Saturday 19 September 2009 5.24pm
It seems (from what the PCs and PCSOs on the cordon were saying) that some kind of threat against The Old Vic had been received by telephone.

The theatre was evacuated and a 100-metre exclusion zone set up.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 19 September 2009 5.40pm
billiangel wrote:
Just browsing around and found this interesting information with lots of SE1 mentioned. If something is going on you can probably find out what happened hereMission Data

Nice. "Stabbing", "Shooting", "Suicide"

It's in About Us-->Mission Data by the way
Sunday 20 September 2009 9.54am
So, someone is so offended by the idea that the biblical account of Creation could be questioned in a play about a historical Creationism vs. Evolution court case, that they decide to make a bomb-threat. What does this tell us about Creationists?
Sunday 20 September 2009 8.44pm
JeandePierre wrote:
So, someone is so offended by the idea that the biblical account of Creation could be questioned in a play about a historical Creationism vs. Evolution court case, that they decide to make a bomb-threat. What does this tell us about Creationists?

It's unfair to blame the creationists. I think you'll find that God did it.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 21 September 2009 1.56pm
JeandePierre wrote:
What does this tell us about Creationists?

Nothing whatsoever?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: