Grange Road remembered...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.53pm
can anyone tell me the name of the park in grange road its approx 500 yards past henley drive heading towards tower bridge road, when i stayed in bermondsey for a while i used to sit in there on a sunday morning reading the papers and usualy nursing a hangover, its on the same side as a pub called the fort < which incidently i made the mistake of going into on a saturday night > ....and is the cafe still there, further down on the same side as the park ? it was across from a petrol station.
i have great memories of the grange road area and the people of that area, who like the scots call a spade a f****** shovel !...
billy callaghan.
Tuesday 24 February 2004 4.59pm
Spa Park..or gardens.....opposite where the swimming baths were almost...

jan
Tuesday 24 February 2004 5.01pm
why was it a mistake going into The Fort ? What was like exactly? I'm intrigued.

Tuesday 24 February 2004 7.28pm
The Fort? And you ask why it was a mistake! Oh goodness, let's not elaborate on here, but it's not the neighbourhood pub where you go for a pint and a chat....
Tuesday 24 February 2004 9.13pm
what do you go in for? sounds interesting

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 25 February 2004 9.19am
Put it this way Ivanhoe, if you do pop into the Fort for a 'swift one', I wouldn't announce yourself using your signature...
Wednesday 25 February 2004 9.55am
Ooer.........
Wednesday 25 February 2004 11.03am
I think it's the last place where Ivan wants to be, given the title of a thread a couple of weeks ago!
Wednesday 25 February 2004 11.17am
I wouldn't say you were there for a "swift one" either!
Wednesday 25 February 2004 11.30am
I wasn't, no-- in spite of numerous invitations. Am not the 'swift' type...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: