Planning application - Swan Street/Cole St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 September 2009 1.29pm
Just in case anyone who lives on Swan Street or Cole Street or in the area hasn't received their consultation due to the postal strike the application for a new 4 storey block on the corner of Swan Street and Cole Street is currently in the consultation period:

You can object/give observations to the Council via the details on the website.

This is going to be on the site where currently there's four single storey garages and a mature tree.

They're planning on removing the very nice cherry tree on the corner of the two streets and the block is not very pretty (check out the document called 'visuals' in the documents section), with balconies overlooking various properties on the street.

The poor folks in the house behind the garages will have to look at the back of flats rather than over the street.

They're also not planning on providing underground parking but they don't plan on giving the tenants (they will only be avaiable for rent) on street parking permits so as not to clog up the surrounding streets with extra cars, which I'm not convinced about as people will still park there, esp. on the weekends.

A charitable foundation owns the site and I understand the wish to redevelop but I do think they should leave the tree/replace it and keep it to 3 levels (they are going to make it higher than the adjacent blocks by fitting another floor into the roof).

Any thoughts?
Friday 25 September 2009 3.50pm
How about the tree preservation officer at Southwark?
Tuesday 29 September 2009 8.56pm
I had one of those garages for a couple of years,and I'm pretty sure the roof is corrugated asbestos.In the 35 page air quality document I didn't see that mentioned once.
Wednesday 21 October 2009 1.15pm
Update - application has been refused for finestration, environmental reasons etc.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: