Marshalsea Road closed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 September 2009 1.41pm
did any see any advance notices for this? I live just off there and have not seen any, apart from today! when the road is closed one way.

thames water are again chopping up this road, after months of disruption. They have shut the road one way and intend to do this the other way as well. With lant street shut off, I can't get my car home.

does anyone have any legal advice on this?

both southwark council and thames water have cocked up our simple drive home.
Monday 28 September 2009 3.01pm
We flagged up the impending roadworks at the Borough junction here:

Presumably the location/direction of the closures is likely to change day by day/week by week.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 28 September 2009 3.36pm
hey james,

yes, I saw that - (thanks for the emails every week)- but it did not mention marshalsea at all and they've ripped that up so much this year, already.

simon hughes' ofice today, said they are getting a meeting together, with regards to lant street closure/re-opening.

the letters from the council about a meeting last week were rather delayed in the post!!!!! and did not arrive (all three of them) until the day after the meeting.

it will take over half an hour now, for a one minute drive, purely due to road works on southwark bridge road, marshalsea road, great dover street, borough high street and bad parking on the bit of lant street from borough high street. we're basically trapped in our car parks.
Monday 5 October 2009 10.59am
Well the good news is - the duration is estimated to be 27 weeks - we learned this at the open day at The Ship pub a couple of weeks ago.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: