'Stars' release 1,000 balloons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 September 2009 5.48pm

Related news & features

Monday 28 September 2009 10.11pm
Yep - more like dis-a-stars.

If I was a famous actor type person folk, I would want to do my homework on what I was getting involved with when I turn up to a celeb do/bash. After all, it could taint my celeb status and, therefore, my big fat wallet.

These folks clearly and repeatedly show that (1) They don't care (2) They don't give a flying what-not (3) They have not done their homework (4) Their agent has not done their homework and also does not care about (1) and (2).

Sad really - but expected.
Tuesday 29 September 2009 8.23am
expletive EXPLETIVE...oh sod it...effing 'ell, don't that lot ever read papers or even come on londonse1, and how long do these calloons take to ' biodegrade' and who's to say the rotten things do, and what about our seas....
Tuesday 29 September 2009 9.38am
Yes, my thoughts exactly when I read about this irresponsible stunt. Balloons have been found in the digestive systems of dolphins, turtles etc. It's a disgrace that it was allowed to take place..

Wednesday 30 September 2009 7.04pm
Any ideas what we can do about this? I'm more than happy to wave placards and get a different news story than these nasty nasty people intend. How do we find out in advance?
Wednesday 30 September 2009 7.27pm
Contact Southwark with the following info-

"In the last year several council have banned or put in place voluntary agreements to prevent mass balloon releases; these include Plymouth City, Lancaster and Tonbridge and Malling. Other councils that are trying to promote awareness about balloons are Oxford City, Portsmouth and Sunderland".

Leaflet from website:
This highlights the negative impacts of balloon releases and promotes alternatives. It also has useful details of where to get further information from - you can send it to anyone planning a balloon release. Download the leaflet here.
Thursday 1 October 2009 2.28pm
I'm with Beetroot on this one, do people holding 'balloon' events like this have to inform anyone though? and will download Merlins one...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: