Bermondsey Square Hotel

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 28 September 2009 8.42pm
Hello Again lol.

I went to the hotel when it first opened back in April and me and my fella are booked in for this weekend. Does anyone still go and has it changed by any chance ????

Where can we go and eat around there, we arent planning on going into Central London this weekend

Thanks

DELLY
Tuesday 29 September 2009 6.42am
My favourite close by the hotel is Village East - good food, good atmosphere.
Tuesday 29 September 2009 8.21am
Hi Delly, Since you were there last, Del Aziz has opened in the square (mixed reviews on this site, I think the service is questionable but the food and drinks are nice and it's a nice spot to sit). Worth checking out for brunch - I thinkt he "cafe style" seating in the front section adnt he bar in the middle section are the most successful spaces.

Village East and The Garrison are both nice (and very popular) spots to eat. I strongly recommend you book if you want guarantee a table. A nice bar at Village East too for a drink before/after.

The Woolpack is good for a beer (and across the road from The garrison), and a Sunday Roast. The Britannia pub I also like.

And of course you have Borough Market with Tapas Brindisa, Roast and lots of other spots for a drink.

More (on Tooley street) has also opened since you were last here...mixed reviews again, but I like it (Reviewed the weekend just gone in the Guardian Weedkend mag). I quite like sitting at the bar for a drink/snack and watching the chefs cook.

It's worth having a look on TopTable - I know last week there was still 50% off food at Alfies and a deal going at Del Aziz.
Tuesday 29 September 2009 4.16pm
Bear in mind though The Britannia is not open on Saturday and Sunday. There is also a good Malaysian restaurant behind London Bridge station. Name completely escapes me, but they tend to turn up on Top table as well.
Tuesday 29 September 2009 4.29pm
Delly,

Clarice has given an excellent summary

My only additions are:

- The spa in the hotel is excellent; they were running a 50% off promotion which I think may end at the end of September. Perhaps worth giving them a call to see if you can book in at the reduced rate if it's of interest.

- Walking along the river front near City Hall/Shad Thames is good fun and I like Butler's Wharf Chop House.

- If you like steak, check out Constancia on Tower Bridge Road - brilliant food.

Chris
Tuesday 29 September 2009 5.59pm
Ohhhhh thanks for that I am really looking forward to coming back to the hotel and snuggling up in that fantastic bed they provide...Sod my fella he can sleep in the shower being that hes raved on about it so much.

It must be a London thing (im a northerner lol)

Delly
Wednesday 30 September 2009 9.53am
Tattie wrote:
Bear in mind though The Britannia is not open on Saturday and Sunday. There is also a good Malaysian restaurant behind London Bridge station. Name completely escapes me, but they tend to turn up on Top table as well.
Champor Champor on Weston St?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 30 September 2009 7.50pm
Alfies is still IMHO well overpriced
Wednesday 30 September 2009 10.00pm
Yes, it is, boroughpaul; but they are still doing 2:1 and have reasonably priced 2 + 3 course lunch and dinner menus. I pop in from time to time; naturally, it has changed since those early days, almost 6 months ago. There isn't the same welcoming atmosphere to the place and several key personnel have gone. Becuase I know some of the staff, I am always welcomed - but I have noticed this isn't always extended to the other punters. Shame.
Friday 2 October 2009 7.58pm
I agree with Philpotts24 the atmosphere is not welcoming. I have noticed a change even in the space of the last 2 months.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: