Strange white pigeon

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 September 2009 6.53pm
I know there is a thread somewhere about white pigeons but this one is very odd. Have you seen it? It is mostly white and has quite long feathers on its legs and feet. I looked on the internet and the nearest I can find is a Russian White Pigeon. On closer inspection though, I think it might be a deformity. I'm trying to entice it further on to my balcony for a better look. (And I was one of the ones recently advising how to keep pigeons off the balcony!)
Wednesday 30 September 2009 7.01pm
Well we've only got pigeons because stupid people keep them despite them not returning and stupider people feed them, so there's no reason why a feather-footed variety wouldn't turn feral.
Can you take a photo?
Wednesday 30 September 2009 8.36pm
Haven't got a digital camera. I've managed a closer look since I last posted. The feathers on its legs are so long and thick, it looks like an extra pair of wings. Very wierd.
Thursday 1 October 2009 6.31pm
What colour are its eyes? If they are black maybe its a dove. I ended up with six doves living on my window ledges, they were lovely they used to fly up to me when they saw me coming down the street, they didnt have feathery legs.
Thursday 1 October 2009 6.57pm
?

Thursday 1 October 2009 9.45pm
Are you suggesting this might be the same bird? The one in your photograph looks a little more stylish LOL, although I didn't see the bird from this angle. (Great photograph by the way.) However, the feathers on the legs (stockings, as they are called) were as long as that. In answer to Janny, the eyes were black. It stayed on my window ledge all night and flew off this morning in a slightly ungainly manner.
Thursday 1 October 2009 11.32pm
Doves and pigeons are pretty much the same thing and spread the same diseases. Not that I have a problem with them, just saying.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: