Tattoo Artists

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Anonymous User
Wednesday 25 February 2004 4.12pm
I've not yet spotted one in SE1... have you?

Even better, can anyone recommend a local artist?
Wednesday 25 February 2004 4.19pm
There was one on the New Kent Road, don't know its name or if its still there. Did look a bit dodgy from the outside, but then, so do most unfortunately.
Think its a word of mouth thing with tattoos.

Anonymous User
Wednesday 25 February 2004 4.22pm
You're right - they do mostly look dodgy & I wouldn't use one without recommendation - I just thought it was odd not to have spotted any...

Tattoos are so addicitive, each time I swear it's the last one and by the time it's healed I'm planning the next...
Wednesday 25 February 2004 4.32pm
There used to be one on Kennington lane that was fantastic (had 2 done there and they were great) but I've not found anywhere else that I could recommend.
Wednesday 25 February 2004 5.25pm
I'm pretty sure there's one on Lower Marsh - yup:

Tribalize Tattoo & Body Piercing 30 Lower Marsh Street London SE1 7RG

Tel: 020 7928 1231

Not that I have any body art or piercings, but they are at least in SE1...
Wednesday 25 February 2004 5.38pm
Someone said the other day - in the context of yet another Lower Marsh business gone - that Tribalize had closed the shop.

Although a great advocate of supporting SE1 business, I'm not sure I would want to risk a "Local tattoos for local people" approach - word of mouth from someone whose tattoo you agree is a success seems a much safer bet.
Wednesday 25 February 2004 5.41pm
Well, there's some fatherly advice from our resident Disraelian old fashioned liberal! Where do you get yours done, Lang Rabbie?
Wednesday 25 February 2004 5.53pm
Disraeli was a Tory!!!

And [*it is alleged that] the initiation rites of the National Liberal Club involve far more excruciating pain than a few miserable tattoos - think A Man Called Horse, and you will understand why all the interior surfaces of the club building are tiled !!!

*My learned friends advise me to insert this qualification given this forum's lack of smilies to convey irony.

Post edited (25 Feb 04 18:07)
Wednesday 25 February 2004 6.07pm
Disraeli was a Whig to start with, though....
Wednesday 25 February 2004 6.31pm
Just to maintain my paternalistic reputation, a story from last year's Manchester Guardian: Health risks warning on body art dyes
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: