Car rental SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 October 2009 12.19pm
Hi there,

Does anyone know of any car hire places in the area that are open on a Sunday? All the one's I've looked at seem to be closed...

Thanks,

Ceirios
Thursday 8 October 2009 3.20pm
Hertz at Victoria Coach Station (SW1) open on Sunday. I don't think anyone else does.
Thursday 8 October 2009 3.46pm
I'd reccommend joining www.streetcar.co.uk . I don't have anything to do with them but we used to hire from Enterprise and Streetcar is just so much easier...loads of cars in SE1 and they are 'open' 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Best of all you can hire for any length of time form 1 hour to 1 week.
Thursday 8 October 2009 10.03pm
I am a member at streetcar as well and so far, I cannot complain. If you rent a car for 24 hours, up to 50 miles are free, after that you have to pay - I think it's 23p per mile- but petrol is free.
A friend recently recommended to rent a car at City airport, that seems to be the closest place from SE1 and if the Jubilee Line is not suspended, it is easy to get there.
Friday 9 October 2009 9.25am
I rented a van last week from Truckpoint who are also known as Car point. They have cars and are open on a Sunday. They're located on Borough Road
Friday 9 October 2009 10.40am
Thumbs up for Carpoint/Truckpoint from me, too. We always use them (no connnection - just a happy repeat customer)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 9 October 2009 11.57am
Thanks for the recommendations, I've booked with one with Carpoint. For future reference if anyone's interested, they had a pretty good weekend deal Fri midday to Mon am 82.
Friday 9 October 2009 4.16pm
I'm with Zipcar and they are really good too.

no connections etc

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: