Katzenjammers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 13 October 2009 6.59pm
Walking past this venue this evening, they have a board outside announcing that they are having an official opening evening on Thursday 15th October at 6 pm with free food and a genuine German Oom- Pah band.
May be worth a look if anyone is in the area.
Tuesday 13 October 2009 10.44pm
hydrometer wrote:
May be worth a look if anyone is in the area.

And that area might be where exactly?
Tuesday 13 October 2009 11.08pm
Ah thanks, my search did not bring up any results. Sounds interesting!

I knew the etymology of the word dates back to German students cat calling or making noise late at night in some historical point in time, but apparently one meaning is a hangover :)
Wednesday 14 October 2009 11.04am
Thanks to posters in this thread. I went past on the bus and saw the signs but couldn't see any details and came on to the web to find out information and as always SE1 Forum provided. I love German beer and food and to have somewhere so close (Zeitgeist in Lambeth is excellent but this is 10mins on the bus from me....) is excellent, I will be dragging people willingly/unwillingly to this place very soon!
Wednesday 14 October 2009 12.28pm
I'd be glad to be put in the picture about German food. I don't know much about it at all, although my little experience of it has not been good (starting with being poisoned by a bratwurst in Langhans in 1978!). I always think of ghastly fatty sausages. I can take or leave sauerkraut, although red cabbage with juniper and apples I like. The only other thing I think I know is that that Bavarians have carp for Christmas. Oh, and there's a nice onion tart with caraway seeds and bacon which is good!
Wednesday 14 October 2009 12.37pm
I've tried the specialities of lots of different cuisines and, without a doubt, Germany's is the wurst.

I'll get my coat.
Wednesday 14 October 2009 7.46pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
I've tried the specialities of lots of different cuisines and, without a doubt, Germany's is the wurst.
I'll get my coat.

That made me laugh! I do enjoy the occasional hotdog but never buy any from those dodgy sellers on Bankside. That German delicatessen near the Market Porter on Park Street does nice Frankfurters, although a bit pricey.
KP
Thursday 15 October 2009 2.19pm
Thats just Sauer kraut.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: